Thursday, May 17, 2012

Love Is The Message...

Today is International day Against Homophobia.

 


I remember a time not too long ago when I was bullied incessantly in school.

Going to school everyday and not knowing what someone would say or do to you is not fun!

My torture was often on the bus. Kids in the back thought it was funny to scream faggot out the window when I got off, throw things at me from out of the window and screaming demeaning things to me in the hallways.

People say there just words but repeated attacks can be internalized. When you, yourself start believing the lies, you give power over to them and they win.

No one deserves to be bullied!!!!

When I hear stories of bullying today, it makes me sad to know their are children in pain, often silent and sometimes fatal!

What's worse is that kids have more avenues to bully each other with access to Facebook and Twitter.

My advice to kids being bullied is, it does get better. Never apologize for being you! You are beautiful and you deserve to be happy. Never let others take that from you.

To those doing the bullying...think about what you are doing to someone. Why cause someone unesscessary pain? What is this bringing to your life?

It takes more energy to be negative and mean than it does to smile!

Remember,

Love is the message. Stop the hate. Bullying is wrong. Stand up and stay strong!
No one does you better than YOU!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment